Cristian Arango Voted MLS Player Of The Week

518
Cristian Arango
LAFC Weekly

LAFC forward Cristian Arango gets the nod for MLS Player of the Week

For the second time in the 2021 MLS season, Cristian Arango has been voted for the MLS Player of the Week this time in Week 31. Coming off a hat trick scoring all three of LAFC’s goals against FC Dallas in a 3-2 victory, Arango has been on fire with an outstanding performance as of late.

Joining the LAFC back on August 2nd, Cristian Arango now has 11 goals in only 13 matches this 2021 season. Since being signed from Millonarios FC in Colombia, Arango has definitely made a name for himself. Over the last two games, Arango has scored each of LAFC’s last five goals.

In the match versus FC Dallas, Arango was able to tie the game with a penalty kick after a call was issued on Matt Hedges. Video review showed him clipping Raheem Edwards on a break. The penalty kick was Arango’s fifth of the season and tied the match 1-1.

Within four minutes, Arango scored twice more after Dallas added a goal for a 2-1 lead. His second goal of the game came at the 75’ on a midfield fast break after a pass from Danny Musovski. Minutes after his 2-2 equalizer, Arango was in perfect position after a long cross by teammate Mamadou Fall. Although deflected, the ball found its way to Arango who was able to shoot a low shot score for the hat trick.

Each week during the regular season, the MLS Player of the Week is chosen by MLS Communications through a process that includes both media and fan voting. 75 percent of the vote is decided by a panel of journalists from the North American Soccer Reporters (NASR), while the remaining 25 percent is decided by a Twitter fan poll.

LAFC and Cristian Arango are back at it on Saturday night, October 23rd versus the Minnesota United FC.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here